General Contest Rules and Regulations
CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
CHNO-FM / REWIND 103.9 (Newcap Radio)
General Contest Rules
1. Dates/Terms/Eligibility. CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 (the "Station") may change the dates and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 reserves the right to cancel a Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and/or posted on its website (www.rewind1039.com). CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 Contests are open to legal Canadian residents, 18 years of age and older (unless otherwise specified), residing in Ontario only. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees or agents of Newcap Radio stations, or any entity associated with the Contest, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, may not participate. Potential Contest winners will be required to answer a skill testing question in order to be declared an official winner.
2. Prizes. Only one winner or qualifier per household per 30 days on CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9(unless otherwise expressly specified within the contest listing on-line). After winning a prize valued over $1000, the winner must wait one full year before they are eligible to win another prize with REWIND 103.9. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 assumes no responsibility or liability for damages, loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer, nor is CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 responsible for replacing, re-booking or re-scheduling missed or cancelled flights, trains or any other modes of transportation associated with the prize.
3. Participant Conditions/Restrictions. CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 is not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail or telephone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9. Listeners can call CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 contest line at 705-560-1039. If a caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken. Decisions of CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 judges are final. All contest entries will become the property of CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9.
4. Winner Conditions/Restrictions. Each winner will be required to produce one piece of legal photo identification satisfactory to the Station. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Rewind 103.9 will hold all prizes for a total of 60 days. Prizing cannot be guaranteed after 60 days. Each winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited, skill testing question before the prize will be awarded. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes, gratuities, incidentals or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest will be disqualified. Only residents of Ontario may participate in CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 Contests, and will be required to provide a piece of legal identification to prove that they are in fact a resident of Ontario in order to claim their prize.
5. Release and Indemnification. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant's participation/involvement in the Contest.
6. Rules. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available right here (on-line), in person at the Station's studios (493-B Barrydowne Road, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 3T4) during regular business hours (Monday-Friday. 8:30am – 4:30pm) or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at the above address.
Special Internet Rules
1. Game and contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address. Limit one entry per email address, and one entry per household.
2. CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 and sponsors not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant's ability to participate.
3. CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the General Rules appearing above.
Generic Station Rules
1. Employees of Newcap Broadcasting, CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 (Newcap Radio), its associated agencies, and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
2. Any and all federal, provincial, and local laws apply to all contests.
3. Winner’s voice or likeness may be used in conjunction with recorded announcements or outside advertising for CHNO–FM, REWIND 103.9. Winners may be recorded and played back on-air, and on any of the Newcap Broadcasting radio stations.
4. You may only win once in 30 days with each Newcap Broadcasting radio station (prizes valued under $199), and only once in 365 days with each Newcap Broadcasting radio station (prizes valued over $1000). If value is between $200 - $999, REWIND 103.9 will notify winner in advance of claiming of the prize the next date for prize eligibility.
5. Prizes must be claimed within 60 days of winning unless otherwise noted.
6. Any additional costs related to the prize or incurred as a result of accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. Prize is awarded as is to the winner only. No substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted.
8. Prize has no cash value.
9. In the case of ballot entry contests; if ballot form is illegible, a new form will be drawn.
10. Ballots must be filled out by the actual person entering to win contest. No substitutions. If ballot was filled out by a third person, the ballot becomes void, and a new ballot will be drawn.
11. CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 may not be held responsible for any technical difficulties, for example studio equipment or phones that result in a potential winner being disconnected on studio lines.
12. CHNO-FM, REWIND 103.9 reserves the right to supplement or change contest rules at any time. The decisions of Newcap Broadcasting are final.
13. By participating in any contests, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and regulations of the promotion. All Contest participants agree to be bound by these rules, the General Rules appearing above, as well as any (if applicable) specific individual Contest Rules and Regulations provided in addition to those provided here.